Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Review: Stay by Deb Caletti

Stay (Hardcover) by Deb Caletti
Review Stay by Deb Caletti



Clara’s relationship with Christian is intense from the start, and like nothing she’s ever experienced before. But what starts as devotion quickly becomes obsession, and it’s almost too late before Clara realizes how far gone Christian is—and what he’s willing to do to make her stay.
Now Clara has left the city—and Christian—behind. No one back home has any idea where she is, but she still struggles to shake off her fear. She knows Christian won’t let her go that easily, and that no matter how far she runs, it may not be far enough....

Publishes in US: Apr 5th 2011
Source: Simon Galley Grab

*My review*






   Stay is a lyrical, flowing book: Ms. Caletti has a beautiful way with words.
   Clara is an honest character and while going on this journey with her, you can see how relationships can go bad and the many ways that can look like. This hit me hard because I've been in a relationship like that, and the book I'm writing deals with similar subject matter. 
  The only thing is that I wish that it was told in one time instead of back and forth, but I totally understand why it was done that way, and appreciate the use. 
   The secondary characters are rich and detailed. I like her dad and his quirks. anabelle and sylvie are fun. I like the women as examples, however crazy that are placed in her life. Finn is sweet and uncomplicated.
   What got to me and led me down that road and Clara's is how the obsession and the verbal assaults begin subtly, where you really could write it off as insecurity or some other excuse.
   This is a powerful book and I recommend it. 


12 comments:

  1. This sounds so chilling - one to look out for I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I'm really looking forward to reading this one, it sounds like it's an interesting read. Not a subject I've read about thus far either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really good. The cover is kind of haunting. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was not hugely impressed with this one. I'm not what it was that I didn't like. Don't get me wrong, I did not hate this book. I liked some of it. Check out my review.

    http://unautrehistoire.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-thoughts-stay-by-deb-caletti.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the post!!! I am looking forward to it!!! I feel like I havent talked to you in awhile! Hope all in the writing world is going well...and I am about to start your book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked this one too! I think Finn might be my new book-boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally liked this one a LOT. You're so right, it tells a really important message. I actually like the back and forth in time between chapters, but I tend to like that way of sharing narrative in general.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sounds fabulous! I know how close to your heart the subject matter is, so I'm looking forward to reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds wonderfully haunting. Great review, thanks for sharing :)

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Writing is going--actually just editing right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really recommend this too! I loved it =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to read this one! I'm glad you liked it.

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)