Monday, November 15, 2010

Happy Book Birthday to Tyger Tyger! Here is my review

Tyger Tyger by Kersten Hamilton

First in Goblin Wars Books

Description from and link goes to Goodreads.com

"Teagan Wylltson's best friend, Abby, dreams that horrifying creatures--goblins, shape-shifters, and beings of unearthly beauty but terrible cruelty--are hunting Teagan. Abby is always coming up with crazy stuff, though, so Teagan isn't worried. Her life isn't in danger. In fact, it's perfect. She's on track for a college scholarship. She has a great job. She's focused on school, work, and her future. No boys, no heartaches, no problems.

Until Finn Mac Cumhaill arrives. Finn's a bit on the unearthly beautiful side himself. He has a killer accent and a knee-weakening smile. And either he's crazy or he's been haunting Abby's dreams, because he's talking about goblins, too . . . and about being The Mac Cumhaill, born to fight all goblin-kind. Finn knows a thing or two about fighting. Which is a very good thing, because this time, Abby's right. The goblins are coming."

**My Rating: 4/5**

*My short but sweet review*
This was a fast paced, exciting story! I really enjoyed it, though I was a bit skeptical of the goblin part. However, the story is derived from Celtic stories and it was done beautifully. There is a sub-plot of romance, which is how I like my stories. Teagan was a wonderful main character and I was able to easily relate to her.  There was a beautiful brother and sister connection, and the side characters were well developed.  I also love that the ASL is put in the story, it is a very nice touch.
The characters are easy to love, and root for!

I would love to hear what you think! Also, if you want to link your review, I would love to read :D

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe I had it on Netgalley for so long but never read it! Thanks for the review , Brandi! I needed the extra motivation to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this book. It seemed slower at the start, but I loved reading about this wonderful family that I would love to be part of. :) But I really enjoyed it and will suggest it to many young readers and friends. :) So glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)