Thursday, November 18, 2010

I finished my WIP!!!!!!

I just finished my story! The first draft of my story is officially completed! I ended with 52,222 words, 239 pages, and 26 chapters (plus an epilogue) 

I am soooo happy right now!!

If you would like to be a part of my journey, I am now looking for people to critique my first draft. If you are interested, please let me know!


Here is my blurb:
Meredith has always been a model student and daughter, but when she loses her father to cancer, her picture perfect family is shattered. Meredith becomes angry and numb, locked inside herself. When she goes to college, she meets charming, handsome Kaden. He begins to help her put  the broken pieces of her heart back together, helping her to live and love again. As their relationship deepens, Kaden begins to change, hurting her emotionally and physically, rather than helping her. He isolates her from her friends and family she had just opened herself up to. Her future, her happiness, and her identity are at stake if she doesn’t learn to love herself and break the cycle of abuse. Doing this means that Meredith must give up the man she fell in love with as well as the man who hurts her, and separating the two is a battle that may well break her irreparably.

23 comments:

  1. Ahh Brandie that is AWESOME!!

    Dude, I have a character in my NaNoWriMo novel that's named Kaden too! *highfives*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh crap! I forgot to add in this part:

    I'd love to take a look at it...though probably more so next month so I can finish my NaNo, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Brandi! And you finished ahead of schedule! YAY!

    I couldn't really do NaNoWriMo because my book I'm working on is written mostly, I'm working on heavy editing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME JOB! I'm sitting at 48K right now so you definitely won at the word war. Boo. But thanks for keeping me so motivated and on track. It was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!

    Selena
    http://theenchantedbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank is SO awesome Brandi! Contests! You stayed on a great schedule! I'm thinking about NaNo next year. I would LOVE to help you go over your first draft. Just let me know at ashlie[dot]swainston[at]gmail[dot]com :)

    Ashlie @ Bookish Novelties

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's awesome! Speaking of nano, I should get back to work on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finished today as well. Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Brandi!That is fantastic! You have an ENTIRE novel novel now. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats! that's a huge and impressive accomplishment. love the blurb! sounds like an emotional read

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Brandi, that's awesome! Ooooh this one sounds dark and emotionally intense.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so awesome Brandi!!!!
    Congrats!

    P.S.: I finished your 3 chapters and will send today. Wanna send me the rest?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done Brandi! The description sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG congrats! I've slacked off (with good reason! School)!

    I would love to read it. My NaNo is about an abusive relationship as well. It sort of reflects my own experience which is making it hard to put into words (thank goodness I saved old AIM conversations and blog entries)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on reaching over 52000 words!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woooooot! So freakin proud of you girl! You showed NaNo who's boss! Your BOSS! Can't wait to read it, I'm finishing mine up soon so I'll be beta'ing soon =) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoa! Finished early before the deadline! Congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woohoo! Huge congrats Brandi! I had a feeling you were going to hit the 50K mark soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that's awesome, Brandi! I apologize for not seeing this earlier! Do you still need someone to critique your first draft? I'd love to take a look at it! :) If so, email me at frazzledbooknommer[at]gmail[dot]com. <3 Congrats again!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. WTG, winner! :)

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)