Friday, November 26, 2010

Review: Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Queen 
Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa 

I thought it was over.That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stay by my side. Drag me into the core of a conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.

Book links to and photo from The Book Depository and teaser from Goodreads
Publishes in US:  Jan 27th 2011
Source: Netgalley
3rd In Iron Fey series

**My rating: 5/5**

*My Review*
   
     Julie does it again! The Iron Queen is amazing- even better than the first two in my opinion. There is action, suspense, and breath taking romance. The characters grow and come to life again in this third book in the series. Words really aren't adequate for how much I enjoyed this book. I devoured it in the car on the way to NJ, and didn't stop pretty much the whole time, until I reached the last page.
     Meghan is amazing in this book. She has such a fierce heart, loyal and protective to her family and to those that she loves. We see her internal struggles, and they are all believable, and I sympathize and understand where she is coming from. She never refuses to give up and it is really inspiring. She also learns to fight and defend herself physically in this book and I am really grateful to see that.
     This amazing side of Ash comes out in this book, and some of his lines really made my heart race and I had a case of jealousy, I must admit. This romantic and loyal side of him has been hinted at in previous books, but I really got a glimpse of his heart in this book, and I loved what I saw.
      My only complaint is that I feel it ended too soon! I think that Julie did a great job of wrapping up the pieces, and that the ending is very fitting for the book and the series themes. I just wanted MORE!! I cannot wait to get my hands on The Iron Knight and see things through Ash's perspective and more importantly what happens next.
      This is truly a captivating book, and I recommend to read it as soon as you can!

I would love to hear what you think of the book and/or my review!

8 comments:

  1. WOOT! Great review! It is so hard to put into words the magnitude of greatness this book holds, but you did an awesome job =) Man, I can't wait to read the next one lol, I'm all worked up all over again haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, Brandi! I haven't read the first in the series yet, but I hear the most amazing things about it. Perhaps I should push it to the top of my list eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review! I have the first book but haven't read it . Now I really am motivated to pick it up and give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous review Brandi, every review I read of this one makes me want this book even more and I didn't think that was possible. So glad we get to see a different side to Ash, a little more romantic version:) I know I'll want more as well, so I'm glad we're getting the Iron Knight and it's not ending here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading this now, and so far, I'm loving it! Thanks for the great review, and for not spoiling the ending. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review. I agree with everything you said especially Ash. It was nice to see him open and happier :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic review, Brandi! Iron Fey is one of the best series I've ever read. I really need to start reading the Iron Queen, now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! Yet ANOTHER series that I haven't read that I really really need to!! Thanks so much for the review!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)