Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Review: Unbroken Connection by Angela Morrison

 Unbroken Connection by Angela Morrison 

Against all odds, the couple that swept you away in TAKEN BY STORM is back. Michael is in Thailand diving his dream. Leesie is at BYU living hers. And they just can't leave each other alone. Their romance rekindles, deeper than before. They grow desperate to see one another again. To hold one another again. Michael decides there is only one direction their relationship can go and asks Leesie the ultimate question. Her answer challenges everything Michael is and wants to be. Can she change for him? Can he change for her? Enough?
Book links to The Book Depository and photo and teaser from Goodreads
Published in US:  Aug 26th 2010
Book two of series. First is Taken by Storm enter to win here and read my review here

**My rating: 5/5**

*My review*

    Unbroken Connection is the continuation of Michael and Leesie's love story, and oh my is it amazing.
   I love that they both tried to do what was best for the other at the end of Taken by Storm. They are young and have dreams to pursue and it is noble how they love one another so much they don't hold each other back. In this book, we see their love continue and endure even through distance and further trials.
   I am convicted how steadfast Leesie is in her beliefs. I am proud of her for not caving even through her strong love for Michael. I admire her strength and am thankful for Angela writing a strong character. Even though she is in love, she still makes time for God, for her school work, for her friends and for her family.
   Michael is so sweet in this book, and I enjoyed journeying with him as he matured, healed, and realized the depth of his love for Leesie. I also have to mention how proud I am (I sound like I am talking about my kids, but that is okay, right?) of how he handled the situation with Sukanda. I can't really say more without spoiling things but if you've read, you know what I am talking about.
   I also loved their IM chats, they had me laughing at times. I find myself saying Freak. a lot now too, thanks Michael :D
   I did not see the end coming and it made me cry. Big fat tears streaming down my face at 2am. So, beware. You can't put it down, and it draws you in. Their joy, their pain- you will feel it too, or at least I did.
   Angela was right to stand up for this book and for their story. It is amazing, and I cannot wait to go and read the blog project for book 3 Cayman Summer. If you haven't picked this up-- what are you waiting for? It is amazing!

I would love to hear what you think about this book and/or my review.

4 comments:

  1. I've yet to read this, but the premise and story sound like my type of novel. Great review, Brandi! I'm definitely going to have to push this to the top of my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Taken by Storm now.Both the first book and the sequel sound amazing!
    Great review, Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read this one. I loved the first book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sounds like the kind of amazing character I will definitely enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)