Sunday, November 28, 2010

Review: Absolution by Jennifer Laurens

Absolution

 Absolution by Jennifer Laurens


Zoe’s secret is out. And the powers of Hell are ravenous to claim her soul. Her brother, Luke, knows her secret: that she sees both good and evil spirits. Her boyfriend knows. At least Matthias is her guardian angel again. But now Hell’s most ruthless leader will stop at nothing to have her soul. 
Albert, Matthias’ father, is relentless in his hunger for Zoe. He wants to destroy Matthias and will use Zoe to do so. 
The battle between Heaven and Hell tests everything Zoe has. As she witnesses everyone important in her life suffering, she’s brought to the ultimate choice: will she sacrifice her soul to save the ones she love


Book links to and photo from The Book Depository and teaser from Goodreads
Publishes in US: Oct 11th 2010
Source: Bought
3rd In Heavenly series

**My rating: 5/5**

*My Review*

    I really love the Heavenly series by Jennifer, and this book did not let me down. Absolution had everything that I hoped for and more! It is such a story of hope, repentance, forgiveness, and true love. It not only demonstrates a familial love, working through troubles and coming out stronger, but what love in friendship should be like, as well as romantic love. 
    Zoe has really matured and blossomed and she deals with everything that bombards her in such a loving and awesome way. I really have grown to love her character and admire her actions. She is not perfect, but she is perfectly written. I love her bravery, and her mouth even though it gets her in trouble occasionally. 
    Abria is ever present and she continues to teach love, acceptance and tolerance. I adore her character, her innocence, and her complete trust. I also appreciate how she is given a bit of hope in this book while still being realistic to the disease.
    Weston is ever handsome and gentlemanly in this book... while he is himself. There are a few scenes that I was not happy with, but I understand why they are written and his actions... if that makes any sense. I really appreciate his love and loyalty to Zoe, even with her conflicted heart. 
    Matthias is as wonderful as ever in Absolution as well. His character has always been so pure, loving, and he has this non-judgmental way of telling it like it as and how it should be. His faith and steadfast convictions in those he loves really just makes me want to cry, and yearn for that to be directed my way. 
   Laurens really has written a masterpiece, and I would recommend getting your hands on this book and the series as quickly as you can!

 I would love to hear what you think of the book and/or my review!

7 comments:

  1. I agree! This series is a must have....It touches your heart and will imprint your book loving soul. Great Christmas choice for that reluctant teen reader....The adults love it too! Thanks for the great review ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series. Its my favourite "angel" book.
    Fantastic review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to grab this series, but I have so many books to go though already and I keep postponing it!
    I see now that I shouldn't! :)
    Thanks for your review, the books seem great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently reading Heavenly, and it's good so far. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely have to start reading Heavenly!

    I have an award for you over at: http://librarymosaic.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your complimentary thoughts about the series. I've accomplished my goal when I come across a review like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolution is the perfect ending to a truly unique series. This is one of the few series I've read that sucks you in from the first page and breaks your heart when it comes time to part. This book, like the first 2, has such mind-blowing depth that its hard to put the books down and come back to the real world. Oh for the love of Luke! He was a pleasant surprise in this book, I was never a fan of Chase or Krissy and I am glad to say at I at least warmed up to Krissy. This really is a must read for anyone who enjoys awesomeness, angels, & last but certainly not least, Love!

    Irene (SEO Indianapolis)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)