Sunday, November 21, 2010

Review: A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker

A Match Made in High School
>A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker

When the principal announces that every senior must participate in a mandatory year-long Marriage Education program, Fiona Sheehan believes that her life can't get any worse. Then she marries her “husband”: jerky jock Todd, whose cheerleader girlfriend, Amanda, has had it in for Fiona since day one of second grade. Even worse? Amanda is paired with Fiona's long-term crush, Gabe. At least Fiona is doing better than her best friend, Marcie, who is paired up with the very quiet, very mysterious Johnny Mercer.
Pranks, fights, misunderstandings, and reconciliations ensue in an almost Shakespearean comedy of errors about mistaken first impressions, convoluted coupling, and hidden crushes.
Photo from and book links to The Book Depository and teaser from Goodreads
Published in US:  Feb 4th 2010


**My rating: 4/5**


*My Review*




     A Match Made in High school is a hilarious read with a quirky main character you can't help but love. It should come with a warning label: do not read while someone is trying to sleep in the same room as you. It kept me up all night and I kept waking up my husband with fits of giggles.
     Fiona is an 'outcast' carefree and not afraid to speak her mind. I could really relate with that, because I wasn't in any of the cliches in high school. She is witty and has pranks going with her assigned husband, who she initially hates. Their banter is amazing, and I love to watch how their truce formed.
     The little girl that she babysits is amazing too, and I love the truths that she speaks, and how profound they really are. We forget as we get older true friendship, forgiveness and innocent love.
      And don't even get me started on Johnny Mercer. He is a wonderful character and I am glad that he breaks the mold. His personality is wonderful and although his looks are not the greatest, I would date him any day (well, provided I wasn't already married, but you get my drift.) His humor, his loyalty, his kindness, and selflessness really blew me away.
      Although there are a lot of cliched groups in this book, Kristin really makes it her own. She puts her own spin on it, and she has the main character Fiona learn something about herself and others. It helps to bridge the gap in between the social divides.
      I recommend this book when you need a light, easy, and HILARIOUS read.




 I would love to hear what you think of the book and/or my review.

6 comments:

  1. I about hit the floor a few times while reading this book. Definitely one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heeh it sounds like such a fun book! :)
    I think I am going to try this one and it's original too so that helps..or it seems original to me! *g*

    Also, Brandi check Here

    P.S.: Did you get my email?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I have this in my massive reading stack. I think I better move it up the pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review! I do need something light and funny to read .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, Brandi! I've been searching for this book for so long and unfortunately I can't find a copy in our local bookstore and library.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I TOTALLY want to read this! It sounds so good, as soon I can purchase it, it is mine =D ooohhhh cannot wait ! Great Review!

    Jess :)
    http://sheknownasjess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)