Thursday, November 25, 2010

Review: Fallen Angel by Heather Terrell

Fallen Angel (Fallen Angel, #1)
Fallen Angel by Heather Terrell 


The first book in a dark, edgy new angel series about a girl who finds herself forced to choose sides in the battle between fallen angels, even if that means going against the boy she loves.

When Ellie Faneuil first sees Michael Chase she feels an instantaneous connection. But she does not realize how much they have in common, including the ability fly and to see what others are thinking - not to mention a taste for blood. Reveling in their new powers and their growing feelings for each other, Ellie and Michael are determined to uncover what they are, and how they got this way ... together.
But the truth has repercussions neither could have imagined. Soon they find themselves center stage in an ancient conflict between fallen angels that threatens to destroy everything they love. And it is no longer clear whether Ellie and Michael will choose the same side.

In this electrifying novel Heather Terrell spins a gripping tale of soul-mates, supernatural powers and a truth that will change Ellie and Michael‘s world forever.




Book links to The Book Depository and photo and teaser from Goodreads
Published in US:  Jan 1 2011
Source: Around the World Tours
1st in a series, the next Eternity will be out Jun 28th 2011


**My rating: 4/5**


*My Review*


     Fallen Angel is a suspenseful and romantic read! I thoroughly enjoyed it, and couldn't put it down. Though angels have been really popular lately, Terrell adds her own twist.
     The romance was a large part of the plot, but there were plenty of other things going on. The plot was well paced, and I felt like events unfolded in a manner to make me curious but not too quickly so that I was confused. The romance was sweet. The way that they worked together to figure out the mystery of who they were and what their purpose was did make Ellie and Michael special.
     I really enjoyed the best friend, Ruth. I am glad they were close, and that their friendship was able to endure. She was funny, quirky and strong. There were the 'mean girls' and they were well written. I like that we got to see a bit of their motivations and history through Ellie's special power.
     This is a quick and easy read and I recommend it! I cannot wait to read Eternity and continue to watch the battle between dark and light, and the role that Ellie plays in the balance.

6 comments:

  1. There are so many books about angels now. This book sounds exciting! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love angel-themed books! Thanks for the awesome review! I will be adding this one on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this cover! I'm glad to hear it's good. It seems like there are so many Angel books it's hard to know which ones to pick up and which ones to skip. I'll definitely have to consider giving this one a try though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never really gotten enthralled by an angel story, but I've been eager to read this one. I'm happy you enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to its release. Thanks for the review =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book looks promising. I will be reading it shortly :)

    www.noveljudge.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)