Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cover re-creation contest


Minder (Ganzfield, #1)

I am hosting my very first re-create a cover contest! I have recently fallen in love with Minder by Kate Kaynak (review here), and even though I now like the cover (it is a boy and girl face), but at first I was a little thrown because I thought it was abstract art.

Please be respectful of copyright when choosing your images!


Jami from YA Addict has a wonderful post about how to re-create covers on her blog if you have never done one, or need some pointers.


Rules:
-Open until Wed 13th at 12pm EST
-International
-One entry per person
-Add link to your picture in Mr Linky (you do not have to have a blog to enter)
-Covers will be voted on in rounds
- You do not need to have read the book, you can use the description or trailer below for inspiration

-The cover with the most votes will win a copy of Minder! (Adversary if you have already read Minder).

Here is a teaser for Minder from Goodreads:
"Sixteen-year-old Maddie Dunn is special, but she needs to figure out how to use her new abilities before somebody else gets hurt. Ganzfield is a secret training facility full of people like her, but it's not exactly a nurturing place. Every social interaction carries the threat of mind-control. A stray thought can burn a building to the ground. And people's nightmares don't always stay in their own heads. But it's still better than New Jersey--especially once she meets the man of her dreams..."

Physical description of Maddie: green eyes, straight brown hair, small build, short (5 ft 3)
Trevor: tall, lanky, straight dark brown hair (long enough to hang in eyes)

Here is a link to the book trailer (it didn't fit right embedded in my blog)


Here is the Mister Linky:
 

IF you haven't already entered- make sure to enter the contest for a signed copy of Minder or Adversary here

13 comments:

  1. Sounds great. If I have time, I'll participate, but could you please give physical descriptions of the MC's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had the courage to participate in cover remakes but I am interested in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover of Minder reminds me of that optical illusion of 'is it two faces OR is it a candlestick' - know which one I mean? Anyway, I look forward to seeing what your readers come up with. Me? I'm not talented in this way and wouldn't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS Isn't the 12th a Tuesday or is it Wednesday because of the tme differences?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this looks like a fun contest. So glad you're making it international. Going to do my best to try and get around to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much! It sounds so amazing, the book! Could you ignore my first entry? I made a mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first time entering the book cover competition. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG , I only just now see the boy/girl faces , I was so focused on the white that It took me a while LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great entries. Good luck everyone. (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops I just finished my cover and realized it's due 12pm, not 12 am. Sigh... I'm putting in my link just in case you let me in the contest, ok? Thank you very much...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)