Saturday, October 2, 2010

Review: Appointment with a Stranger by Jean Thesman


http://www.rebeccacaudill.org/teacher/covergallery/1992/appoint.jpg

Appointment with a Stranger by Jean Thesman
 "Deeply self-conscious about her severe asthma attacks, high school student Keller Parrish finds solace in the company of an attractive but mysterious boy at a remote pond, unaware that he is an insubstantial echo of a forty-year-old tragedy."
Teaser and link from Goodreads.com

Published July 1991

*My Review*

This is a quick and easy read. While it was good, and the characters were pretty well developed for novel length, something was missing for me. There is nothing overtly wrong with this book except that I wish that I didn't know from the beginning that he was a ghost. I don't know if that would have made it any different.
I also really liked Drew, he is funny, caring and persistent, and I know if she would have chosen him off the bat, there wouldn't really have been a story, but I favored him the whole time, and wish that I knew for certain rather than hinting that she at least gave him a chance.
This is reminiscent of Lurlene McDaniel, so if you enjoy that kind of read, I would give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)