Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday: Scary Books

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Make your list and link up at their site. 
This week I wanted to do a Top Ten Tuesday in honor of Halloween, so I've picked out my top ten 10 spooky/creepy/scary books for the season. And, okay, some of them might not have actually scared me, but they are appropriate for Halloween.
Here are mine in no particular order
-The Forest of Hands and Teeth
-Tyger Tyger
-The SUmmoning (Darkest Powers)
-Maze Runner
-Wake

Okay so I can't think if any more, but these had slightly creepy elements-- maybe I just don't scare easily or my mind is going blank one :)

10 comments:

  1. I want to read all those books! Especially The Forest of Hands and Teeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read The Forests of Hands and Teeth and The Summoning (though neither made my list). TFOHAT is pretty creepy, but I think I was more disturbed and confused by that book than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The title Forests of Hands & Teeth sounds scary as it is :D Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these, but I've heard a lot about Maze Runner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of books I want to read on that list, even though I don't normally love scary books. I really want to read Tyger Tyger and TFOHAT though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't think Tyger Tyger was scary, although it WAS a really good book! The Forest of Hands and Teeth is high on my wishlist! :) Oh! As is Maze Runner!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  7. All those books are on my TBR list. I really need to get crackin!


    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the opposite problem and am so easily scared it's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree that The Forest of Hand and Teeth was creepy. The book that scared me the most was Salem's Lot by Stephen King . I could not sleep for days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have yet to muster up the courage to read The Forest of Hands and Teeth - I've heard that one has quite the scare factor. Scariest reads for me? I'd have to say some of Stephen King's books - read quite a few, but I think the Shining would definitely be one of those creepy books that really scared me!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)