Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon Final Update

Well, I have made it through the 24th hour!

Total 22 h 30 m
Total: 1531 pages

End of event meme:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? afterwards. I was great during
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Nightshade!
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? no
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? everything went smoothly
5. How many books did you read? 3 full 2 partial YA books, 3 children's
6. What were the names of the books you read? Nightshade, The DUFF, Jenny Pox, Rage, Along the River
7. Which book did you enjoy most? Can't decide between Nightshade and The DUFF
8. Which did you enjoy least? Jane Austen was my best friend (only got a few pages, so didn't count)
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? n/a
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Reader and host minichallenge




Completed the Duff (288 pages) Rage by Kessler (227 pages), Nightshade (464), Jenny Pox (292) for myself and read Goodnight Moon 123 (32 pages), Snip Snap (32 pages), and Fairy Tales Disney (15 pages) style to my daughter
Couldn't get into: I was Jane Austen's Best Friend (20 pages)
Currently Reading: Along the River: A Chinese Cinderella Novel (at 181 pages)

What about you-- how did you do??

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my! I only got in 9.5 total reading hours, falling asleep sometime between 12 and 1 am last night and getting up this morning for another 1/2 or so .. 758 pages. This was fun, though, and I would definitely do it again!

    I'm so proud of you! You did a great job! :)

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I do not do Read-A-Thons, my eyes would fall off but you did fantastic Brandileigh!


    You also read some good books I want to get into some time in "Rage" and "Nightshade"!

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You did great! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats - that's impressive! I missed it this time, but might have a go next year.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)