Monday, October 18, 2010

Interview with Jennifer Laurens

Jennifer Laurens
My review of Heavenly here  and Penitence here

Bio from Jennifer's site
"I've written since junior high school. An only child, I grew up writing big stories about big families. I also write YA under the name of JM Warwick. My hometown of Palos Verdes, California figures in much of my work, as does my current home of Pleasant Grove, Utah and other favorite places. I love to travel.

They say "write what you know" and I do. I am a mother, I have six children, five cats and a huge doberman/dane dog. I have a supportive husband and we've been married 25 years. Our lives, though challenging with a handicapped child who has autism, are centered in our family.

My life experiences have worked into all of my novels. Some more heavily than others, but parts of me are in each story. I love stories rich in family drama, where family members overcome obstacles through love and miracles."

 Our Interview:


--Can you give us a brief description of Heavenly in your own words? 
It's the story of a teenage girl who falls in love with her autistic sister's guardian angel.

--How did you get the idea for the story? Did you do much research for your book? 
I have 6 children, one has autism - I write from experience. Zoe and Luke are compilations of my other childrens struggle to deal with and accept their sister's condition.

--Which character would you most/least like to have dinner with? 
Like I said, my family is in this book, so, I eat dinner with them every night!! lol. I'd have to say Matthias.

--What are some of your favorite books? Do you still have much time to read? 
Not much time for reading these days, not with the writing that has to get done. Some all-time fav books: Honest Illusions, Endless Love, Night, Stolen, Fighting Ruben Wolfe, The Kite Runner, The Outsider, Sea Swept.

--If a fairy godmother told you your life could be like a favorite book for 24 hours, which book would you pick and why? 
Honest Illusions by Nora Roberts. I love New Orleans ( where the story takes place ) and her characters ( in that book ) are unforgettable. I want to meet them. I want to learn magic and be in Luke's show....hahaha

--Do you need anything to write (music, coffee, etc)? Are there any songs on the Heavenly "playlist-" songs that inspired you or that were playing while you wrote? 
I definitely need music and my daughter kindly creates the most outstanding playlists possible for each book I write. I listen to them 24/7 during the writing process of each book ( usually 3-4 months ). I burn out after that and usually can't listen to that playlist for a while when the book is done.

--If you could have any superpower what would you choose? 
Being able to heal broken hearts.

--Besides writing, what do you like to do in your free time? 
Travel, cook, watch films--oh, and a girl's best friend: shop!

--Is there anything else you want to add or say to your readers? 
Please find me on Facebook. I love connecting with those who've read my books. Outside of writing, I spend my free time connecting with readers, so come find me!

Find Jennifer On:




Her Books:


Heavenly website, and trailer

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the interview! I haven't heard of Laurens' books but now really want to check them out. They sound very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great questions Brandi, I really enjoyed reading her answers to them:) I love that she would pick healing broken hearts as a superpower, I can honestly say that one wouldn't have occurred to me but is brilliant. I haven't read this series but I'm adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the interview!Jennifer Laurens is a very talented author. I loved Heavenly !

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)